Photo shoot for new book

A

Sorry I haven’t had the time to write as much as I would like lately. The new book has captured a lot more of my time than I thought it would and now that it is near completion, I really don’t have a clue what to write about at the moment. Hopefully, that’s just a phase? Have you finished a major project and then kind of wondered around a while wondering what to do next and it seems as though there’s nothing else to do? That’s kind of where I am at.

For the new book Joan and I wanted to include a few pictures for very specific places within it. You get to see a selection we are considering in this post. Please tell us which one’s you like best. We want you to have a part in this book. Next week we reveal the completed cover, which was accomplished with the assistance of members’ suggestions!

The book Adult ADHD can be Sexy is about relationships, intimacy and what Joan and I have learned together in order to make our relationship continuously better for both of us. We delve into some unexpected, not so much talked about places. Although I have written most of the content, Joan has had a major impact and her support has been essential – I even convinced her to write a chapter! It’s a delicious treat.

To give you a better idea of what you’re going to find in this book, over the last year I have published parts of more than a few of the chapters in blog posts and those parts have become some of the most popular blog posts I have ever published, two of them in particular have spread all over the web! However, I am not going to tell you which articles I am referring to – you’ll have to read the book to discover which ones! Oh, and yes, I know you all are very good guessers!

Please pick one or two of the photos that you like best to be included in the new book. You can comment, private message me on the ADDer World Network or email me, if you prefer.

Photos are by the wonderful model / photographer Catalina Magee

B:

C:

D:

E:

F:

G:

Here’s a late add that we are also considering:

H:

Thank you for taking part in the new book!

{ 34 comments… read them below or add one }

Jackie February 12, 2010 at 11:39 am

I really love the top and bottom photos the best. If I had to pick out of the two… hmm… I’d say the bottom one in B&W. Very cool! What a great looking couple you are! ;-) Good luck with the book!

Jacquelyn February 12, 2010 at 11:52 am

I like the first two pictures best!

Véronique St-Martin February 12, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Hum ! It’s difficult to choose ! I hesitate between the A and the G but… I believe to have a preference for the A photo, the first ! I had a love at first sight for it !

I hope my comment will help you to choose !

Good luck with your book ! It’s so exciting !

Ariane Benefit February 12, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Bryan, Congratulations!!! I love all the photos of you and your beautiful wife! You really are a great looking couple and could be models. Use them all! Each chapter could have a photo and make a quote from you both that sums up a main point.

Good luck!!

Sharon St.John November 28, 2011 at 11:22 am

I agree. How can you choose from such a perfect group of photos. I am delighted with each one.. It shows what a wonderful relationship you have.

Janice D. February 12, 2010 at 12:47 pm

My vote is for G.

IBMama2 February 12, 2010 at 1:16 pm

B or G

lifeischange February 12, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I agree with Ariane; is it possible to use them all? There is s specific element to each photo that makes it special, but I particularly like A, D, E, and F. The “feel” of your comfort with and love for each other really shines in all the photos.

Looking forward to reading the book!

Terry Matlen February 12, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Bryan,
Congrats on the new book! I know it’ll be a hit.
All the photos are wonderful and really show the love between you two. I am leaning towards G because I like the composition, the b/w and also because you can see the playfulness + love between you.
Good luck with your new project!

Camille February 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I like F it shows both of your faces, and both of you look great in this photo. Congratulations!

Lauren Macdonald February 12, 2010 at 2:41 pm

They are all great shots – but I think A & E are best for the book. They grab ones attention and the look in her eyes captures so many emotions.

I love love G also – it is beautiful, but doesn’t give as much of your personalities.

Mindy February 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I like D sand F…..those photos seem to show how you both really feel about each other.

Sally February 12, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Bryan,

You can’t go wrong on any of these pictures they
are all wonderful!

I ‘m going to pick A but B would be my next choice.

I like the last one in black and white but I think
the background detracts from the picture.

Can’t wait to read the book!

Sally

Haya February 12, 2010 at 3:57 pm

You guys are gorgeous together :) ! All, really..if I had to pick A, B, D…Congrats on the new book!! All the best..

Joan February 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm

All of the photos are excellent! How can one choose? Is there a way to include all or have a “photo album” set up in the middle or end of the book?

All the best of success to you and Joan. You both certainly deserve it!

Bron February 12, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Bryan, I like D, E, and F–because they show different facets of y’all’s relational personalities.
Congratulations on your new book!

(Incidentally, when I get thru creating a new card design or project, I have the same reaction as you described: D R A I N E D. And unable to make any new cards for awhile. So, see, you’re not the Lone Ranger here.:-)…)

Bryan Hutchinson February 12, 2010 at 5:08 pm

WoW! This is a great response from so many of you so far, and so quickly! I like the perspectives, new, interesting ways to consider the photos. I am considering using more than one photo, but not quite sure yet if all of them will fit appropriately. I am sure if there’s a will, there’s a way! I wonder if using more than one would seem overindulgent? Then again, when am I not overindulgent?

Emily February 12, 2010 at 6:19 pm

A, C, & G. Wonderful pics!

Tess Messer February 12, 2010 at 6:46 pm

They are all wonderful and I like F and C the best.

Leah February 12, 2010 at 8:14 pm

I love A

Cookie February 12, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I really like A, C, and G. Pic A is just downright sexy! Pic C I think really captures the playfulness, yet the love that you both have for each other.

Pic G seems to evoke the romance within your relationship. The love you have for each other is really evident when your eye focuses on the couple and isn’t distracted by color. Colors enrich photos, but black and white photos allow your eyes to follow the shadows of white, black, and gray.

Indulge yourself – they’re all playful and sexy; find a place for all of them! I’d like to see one on the back cover or inside of the back cover. Can’t wait for it to arrive in bookstores!!

Kitty February 13, 2010 at 12:17 am

My favorites are the very first and last photos.

Photo A is absolutely enchanting – you appear enraptured, while Joan has a hint of a Mona Lisa smile seemingly saying ‘wouldn’t you like to know?’

Photo G, on the other hand, has you looking mysterious while Joan appears happily intrigued with whatever you’ve just whispered in her ear!

Best of luck to you both. I can’t wait to read the book and see these (perhaps ALL) photos!

Bryan Hutchinson February 13, 2010 at 7:27 am

Fabulous input! Like I mentioned in a previous comment, I love how there are perspectives to consider that I didn’t ‘see’ at first and this really helps decide which photos to use. I like them all so much, that choosing one has been impossible; however, I have leaned toward A, while Joan has leaned more towards B. I am beginning to see where the other photos could be placed.

Thanks everyone, there’s still a few weeks before I send the final in to publishing, so please feel free to give us your thoughts on each photo. I will let you know what we decide, thanks to your input!!

Chris February 13, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Definately G!!

Tom February 13, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Love B and C… They’re so fun! Great work by Catalina.

Sherri February 13, 2010 at 8:21 pm

A is beautiful, but Joan’s right eye is partially closed….
B is very fun (yes.. ADDers can have fun!)
C is also fun, lighting ?
I love D…but is wide angle right for the page?
E cant really see you
F classic pose, classy & safe bet

I personally am very drawn to G.. but I was thinking cover, or back cover was the focus. Then I read the body of the message….

Haveing read that, that it’s about relationships, sexy, intimate hell possible!! I would definately include B, C and or D all playful, intimate and make me want to be “in that picture” if you know what I mean…It draws one into the belief of the statement you are making.
HOpe it helps!

lifeischange February 14, 2010 at 4:42 am

Wow! I love H!! If you could only use one, I think that would have to be it. The energy between you and the way you are looking at each other is wonderful!

ronald sorenson February 15, 2010 at 2:14 am

A is the ONE its a great pic

Barb February 15, 2010 at 5:42 am

I love them all. Your wife is gorgeous and you both look like you are having so much fun. The pics show the closeness you share.

I’d say A and C are my favorites.

Katy B. "Miss K" February 15, 2010 at 6:38 am

I can’t decide :) But in general, I like the color ones the best!

Véronique St-Martin February 15, 2010 at 7:23 pm

For the photos of the inside of the book, I think that the B, G and H photos could make a great job, the first (B) because we can see you two entirely and I love your position and the last (G and H) because of their black and white style, wich I find romantic and because they are particularly well made ! Anyway, it’s my opinion!

I hope this will help you ! You’re so beautiful, you two, it’s not surprising it makes great photos!

Good luck with your book, Bryan !

Suzie Phillips February 15, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Brian & Joan,

Your pictures are AWESOME and SO full of love, life & harmony.

ALL OF THEM!

If someone tied me down to choose only ‘two’ (no can do only 1), lol- they would be:

DRUM-ROLL:

A & G.

They really speak to my heart of the love, fun and unity you know & share as a couple!

BRAVO-BRAVO on them ALL!

Bryan Hutchinson February 16, 2010 at 8:31 am

I love how the input keeps coming. Catalina has a few more photos from the shoot to send us and I can’t wait to see how they came out :)

I love what Susie just wrote and sums this book, the photos and what our message is, so well: heart of the love, fun and unity!

We are so very lucky to have people like all of you to share with :)

Helen February 22, 2010 at 5:41 pm

G is wonderful,very natural and real.
all the others are great too but G stands out as the best- its warm.